See below for a number of free financial planning resources for those ready to take a proactive step in improving their personal finance lives.
Understand your Financial Health
- Financial Health Checkup: Answer a few questions to see how well you’re managing personal finances today and preparing for your future.
- Practical Money Skills: Improve your financial future by gaining a better understanding of foundational personal finance topics including: budgeting, saving, financial institutions, credit, debt, and identity theft.
- Get Your Free Credit Report: Federal law requires each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion – to give you a free credit report every 12 months if you ask for it.
- Understand the Facts (and Myths) About Credit Scores: Everything you need to know about your credit. Learn how to improve your score, get out of debt and why you should care about credit in the first place.
Take a Free Online Personal Finance Course
- Improve your Financial Fitness: Review the basics or pick from a number of in-depth guided learning experiences developed by the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), covering topics on emergency fund plans, housing plans and more key areas. You’ll also find articles, calculators and tips to help manage your money.
- Get Smarter about your Money: This comprehensive financial education curriculum, from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is designed to help low- and moderate- income individuals enhance their financial skills. The course is available in multiple languages.
Talk to a Nonprofit Financial Expert
- GreenPath, Inc.: GreenPath, Inc. is a non-profit, financial wellness organization that has been empowering people to lead financially healthy lives since 1961. It offers free credit counseling and debt management solutions that are personal and tailored to each situation. Call 1-800-550-1961 to speak with a team member.
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC): NFCC promotes the national agenda for financially responsible behavior. Call 1-800-388-2227 to speak to a counselor near you. Para ayuda en Español llama al 1-800-682-9832.
Track your Finances
- Accomplishing Your Financial Mission Workbook PDF (military population)
- Navigating Your Financial Roadmap Workbook PDF (all populations)
- Current Spending Plan PDF
- Future Spending Plan PDF
- Family Goals PDF
- Family Balance Sheet PDF
- Debt Management Worksheet PDF
- MoneySense Complete Financial Planning Toolkit PDF
- Savings Fitness Worksheets