FFP Volunteer Agreement
The Foundation for Financial Planning is a nonprofit charitable organization with the mission of bringing pro bono financial planning to underserved populations.
In signing up to be a pro bono financial planner, you are agreeing to the terms below as you volunteer on behalf of the Foundation for Financial Planning funded initiatives:
- You are part of a financial planning professional organization OR designation that operates under a professional standard of care to stay current in your profession and places a client’s interests first. You are either a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) professional in good standing with the CFP Board or you agree to conduct your volunteer work in conjunction with and under the oversight of a CFP professional.
- You agree that you will comply with the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct, including the Fiduciary Duty and the Practice Standards for the Financial Planning Process.
- You agree that you will receive no compensation for this engagement and will not receive any gifts for providing services pursuant to this engagement.
- You agree that if your pro bono client requests an ongoing paid financial planning engagement, the pro bono client should be referred to association or accreditation “find a planner” sites.
- You agree that this is not lead generation or a commercial opportunity, and that you will not endorse, sell or advertise any firm’s products or services to a pro bono client.
- Any presentation you make will be educational/informational and not promotional. You will not reference your company or any products/services.
- You will not distribute your business cards, business merchandise or solicit clients.
- You will not identify the name of your firm (e.g., you will introduce yourself to a pro bono client as John Doe, not John Doe from XYX Company).
- You have received approval from your firm (including, where applicable, your firm’s Compliance Department) to provide financial planning to pro bono clients.
- You will not give financial guidance or advice outside of your scope of expertise.
- You will take the online Pro Bono Financial Planning Volunteer Training.
- You agree that the Foundation and/or our grantees may contact appropriate companies or organizations of licensing entities to verify information on the volunteer application.
- Provide resource materials to assist with your work.
- Not reimburse you for expenses incurred traveling to and from your volunteer commitment unless otherwise agreed upon.
- If applicable, provide you or direct our grantee to provide you with an understanding of the audience you will be working with and the nature of the volunteer commitment, i.e. time, location etc.
- If needed, ssist with making connections with FFP grantees or nonprofit partners working with underserved populations.