Financial Information

    The Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) is a grant-making organization, providing grants of various sizes to community-based and national nonprofit organizations to develop and sustain pro bono financial planning programs for families in crisis or need.

    Through ongoing fundraising efforts, FFP maintains a reserve fund that helps generate income to fund these grants in perpetuity. We are leanly staffed, with a small team and low overhead, so our donors’ dollars go toward creating impact in the community and helping advance pro bono planning across the profession. We drive this impact through our grants, partnerships, and program development work.

    88% of our annual budget is spent helping families in need through our grants and programs, while the remaining 12% goes to fundraising and overhead needed to keep FFP running.

    Read more about:

    When I give money to FFP… Where does the money go?

    2017 Expense Allocations

    • Grants & Programs 88%
    • Fundraising 8%
    • Administration 4%